Welcome to Jessland...

"for from Him and through Him and to Him are all things"

14.10.05

ridiculously good things are happening!

hola a todos:

i just wanted to write down one of the best things that has happened since we have been in La Plata!

On Monday our entire team had a day with the Lord. It was really nice to have some time to be by myself and I was really praying that God would give me a vision for my time here in Argentina. I was reading through 2 Samuel in chapters 6 and 7 where David has this thought. He says: "Here I am living in a palace of cedar, while the ark of God remains in a tent." I was like, I really want to have vision like that! That I would have big faith and trust God to do amazing things in La Plata. I rode to the top of the cathedral tower and i could see all of La Plata and I was just praying over the city.

I prayed that God would give me lots of faith and lots of boldness and that He would make His presence known in La Plata. I prayed specifically that He would show me the people He wants me to meet in periodismo and that He would raise up leaders from this school that would make a huge difference in the media (the media here equals porn everywhere...they literally sell it on the streets). I was telling the other hotel girls about that prayer and when it came out of my mouth, I didn't really believe that it could happen...I just really doubted it. And the whole next day I was just really battling internally about what God could do in La Plata...

well...on Wednesday, in the newspaper Hoy, which is the second most important newspaper in La Plata, there was a little articulo about Campus Crusade in Argentina! Which has never happened before, EVER. Ridiculous!! God definitely is already making me ridiculously excited about what He is going to do in the media!

Here is a summary of what it said:
Christian Militants in the National University (hahaha)

Christian militants of a group of university students attempt to attract the attention of the students with the word of God. They are on various campuses of the National University and work with Campus Crusade for Christ International. They are a group of North Americans who came to our city who want to evangelize to the university students of La Plata. They are working in Humanities, Journalism, Fine Arts, Dentistry and Architecture and their objective is to teach what the Bible says. For this reason they share booklets with the word of God and also they give free English classes. This evangelical work will be a little difficult because the majority of the students are a little rebellious.

ME ENCANTA!

chau chau,
jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home