Welcome to Jessland...

"for from Him and through Him and to Him are all things"

2.5.07

looking up

I know that blogs without pictures are kind of intimidating for some people. But, I couldn't take a picture of what I want to write about with a camera because it was a walk home. Bear with me, I'll try to capture it with words, though I could never do it justice.

I left discipleship with Lu and Desi around 10:30 and maybe you will fuss at me for walking by myself at night, but I just wanted to walk. It was one of those fantastic nights...the air is crisp, not cold. Like, the maybe your nose gets a little cold, but nothing else kind of crisp. It is autumn. The cathedral is so big and the only clouds in the sky are directly behind it. The argentine flag looks amazing with the spotlight on it...it was like the wind was blowing it just enough to show it off. During the day, you hardly know that flag is there. The moon is full. The sky is not black, but a deep, deep blue. The yellow leaves of the trees are shining brilliantly in the street lights. And it was like the streets were mine (well, except for the weirdo dude on diagonal 74 that always mumbles when you walk by) because no one was outside eating...everyone was snuggly inside the restaurants, and there was seriously hardly anyone around.

There are not many times when I would say, La Plata takes my breath away, but this was truly one of them.

And all the while, I have a verse from Genesis that I just read with Lu and Desi clanging around in my head: "Look up."

Look up and get some perspective, Jess. Quit looking at the circumstance around you and quit letting it drag you down. I created this beauty and there is so much more in life than the junk you are focusing in on right now. Don't let it rob your beautiful spirit. Look up and know that I am a God who keeps His promises.

And now I am home, in my small, cluttered and messy room, which could easily be a metaphor for the condition of my messy little heart, but that's not even true, because my heart is beautiful and dearly loved.

2 Comments:

Blogger kathy said...

That is the most beautifully written blog I have ever read (although I have not read that many ;-)
You have a wonderful way with words and great insight. You never cease to amaze me!
Love,
Mom

8:37 PM  
Blogger Ann Linares said...

Jess... wow! tonight i had EXACTLY the same sensation as you had... wow.. the night... the sky... nobody in the streets, the air, the flag, the plaza, God arround to me... aaaah! the sensation was awesome! aaaand.... hey! what about if next saturday... you and me clean your room together? some help gonna be really useful!right? dale? love you friend!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home