Welcome to Jessland...

"for from Him and through Him and to Him are all things"

31.10.07

the rainbow connection

Maybe I'm something of a mystic, but I believe with all that I am that God speaks to us during the day through the little things. At least I think that's how it works for me.

today was gross. it was my last day as a Stinter. so i'm emotional. I had a major culture clash. so i was angry and full of sin. and to top it all off, there's the constant rain.

i'm packing my bag. my room. i'm packing up two wonderful years of my life. i'm trying to fight off tears.

i was supposed to go running with iri. she called around 2:00 to cancel because of the rain.

but i just really wanted to run. i needed to run. something was telling me, driving me, to run.

i called her back. she said, okay. let's go. let's do it.

so we went.

i start running. iri's on her bike. today was my evaluation. after six months of training, i was just supposed to run as sfar and as long as i could.

it was actually the perfect day for a run. drizzling on and off. not hot. not cold. i had eaten well. drank enough water. prepared mentally. the stars were in line, so to speak.

i ran for an hour, one minute and nine seconds. (up to this point, the farthest i've run is 45 minutes)

and i was so excited and iri was so proud!

and when we were heading down the last strech, the sky broke open, the sun started pouring out and iri started looking for the rainbow.

i was just focused on how beautiful the rain looked on the pond. you could see each and every droplet as it hit the surface because of how perfect the light was.

"there it is!" iri said.

there it was.

the biggest, most perfect rainbow filled the sky. we saw the whole of it. a perfect arch. all the colors. it framed the street.

and tears of joy pricked my eyes.

and my heart filled with peace.

and my mind flooded with promises:

well done.

I am not slack concerning my promises, as some count slackness...

take heart, I have overcome the world.

it was like he whispered to me: you ran hard. you did all you could. just leave this place in my hands. I've got it.

so that's what i'll do.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home