Welcome to Jessland...

"for from Him and through Him and to Him are all things"

5.8.07

hosanna in the highest


This past Friday, a few of us from La Plata ventured out in the cold and the rain to see a Hillsong concert in a stadium in Buenos Aires (remember, we're in winter here, still). I'll be honest, before a couple months ago, I didn't know a single song that Hillsong sang. I still don't know too many, but they're really popular here among the Christians in Argentina and the concert was a really good price, so I decided to go.

It was hard not to complain about the cold and rain when we first arrived (one of my favorite moments was Natalie, Brian and I all huddled up underneath an umbrella eating soggy hotdogs and Natalie saying, "Thank you God for this memory!"). But, once the rain let up and they started playing, the place transformed into a really neat worship service.

One thing that God has been showing me lately, first through CM20007 and now through this concert, is just the hope that there is from this generation of young Christians who are passionate about God and sharing His name.

One of Hillsong's songs off of their newest album really brought all this together for me. It's called Hosanna:

I see a generation
rising up to take its place
with selfless faith,
with selfless faith.
I see a near revival,
starting as we pray and seek.
We're on our knees,
we're on our knees.
Hosanna
Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest.
Heal my heart and make it clean.
Open up my eyes to the things unseen.
Show me how to love like You have loved me.
Break my heart for what breaks yours.
Everything I am for your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity.
Hosanna
Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest.
I think this is a beautiful prayer to be praying for our generation!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer!
I'm Lami. ^^
Why don't you check your e-mail(frazierjen@gmail.com)?

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home