whole world in his hands...
This morning, I was walking home from working out in the bosque. I was still a little drowsy and just physically tired from the workout.
At the corner of 48 and 8, just before I arrive home, there is a ton of activity. An antique car parked on the sidewalk, advertising an automobile museum; a group of young men crowded around big yellow signs passing out political fliers; the normal Saturday rush of people in downtown La Plata.
Well, then I see 3 teenagers, 2 girls and a guy. The guy had a globe. The girls had beach balls blown up with a map of the world on it. Tears are rolling down their face. The are weeping.
I burst into the apartment, totally interrupt Natalie's morning time with God and say, "Seriously I just saw the weirdest thing of my life," and explain the story. We try to speculate on why they would be carrying globes and crying, but come up with nothing.
The day goes on. I have a great lunch with my roommates and two staff girls that are here on summer project. I go to the grocery store to buy supplies for a taco dinner I'm having later in the night. Kathryn and I finally go to see Pirates of the Carribean III.
I come home and I'm cleaning up my room, getting ready for my friends to come over. I call Jemina to see where she is.
She is studying and will be late.
All of a sudden, I just burst into tears and can't get calmed down. I had been wanting to talk to her more about God, for she has heard the Good News of Christ and is so interested. I have been praying that she would accept Christ before we leave in two weeks for Korea. I had been planning on being bold in asking her about what is holding her back from making a decision for Christ. I am so sad to miss this opportunity.
And the three teens with the globe pop back into my mind. I love how He gives me these pictures sometimes! I know God must rejoice in the world, for we are his creation, made in his own image. But I feel like he must weep over the world, too. Weep because people are so quick to run to other "lovers", other "gods." Even those of us who profess to know him, we are so prone to wander. We must hurt him so deeply. And yet, he betrothed himself to me while I was yet a harlot.
Please, Lord, bind my wandering heart to You. Amen.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home